About the toolbox
The programme quality toolbox is
- A set of common standards and actions for quality Cash Based Assistance (CBA) which defines 'what' needs to happen for quality CBA.
- Each action is supported by a set of guidelines and ready to use tools and templates on 'how' to acheive quality CBA.
- The toolbox is the main supporting documentation on CBA in the 2018 Sphere Handbook
- It can be used across CBA modality, context and outcome (both sectoral and multi-sectoral). Where they exist, sector specific guidelines and tools have been included.
How to use the toolbox
Step 1: Select the relevant stage in the programme cycle from the options on the homepage.
Step 2: Select the operational standard you want to meet. This will take you to a list of key actions.
Step 3: Click on any of the key actions to find the curated guidlines and available tools. These are linked to the original source files.
You can navigate backward and forward through the key actions, jump to other stages in the project cycle or return to the homepage at any time.
Who is it for?
- Programme managers who want to design and implement programmes using the best guidance and tools available
- Cash working groups who want to set standards for a response
- Agencies who want to collaborate around a set of shared standards
- Donors who want to assess the quality of proposals and funded programmes.
How was it developed?
The toolbox was developed by CaLP and its members based on the best available guidance across organisations. The content was curated and validated using a systematic selection protocol. The toolbox will be updated annually. New guidelines and tools will be reviewed according to the established curation process. To propose resources for consideration contact: email@example.com
Disclaimer: This is not an exhaustive guide on quality programming in general. This toolbox focuses on the quality of CBA at programme level, irrespective of organisation or operational model. The inclusion of new guidelines and tools will be considered on an ongoing basis, in line with the existing selection protocol.
NB: The term Cash Based Assistance has been used throughout the toolbox, it can however be used interchangeably with Cash Transfer Programme (CTP) or Cash Based Intervention (CBI), or Cash and Voucher Programming (C&V). The other CBA specific terms are from the CaLP glossary.